返回列表 回复 发帖

The Lake House(转载)

??Henry: So obviously, the first thing you see is what we had talked about. The atrium.
  亨利:所以很显然,第一件事,你看到的就是我们已经谈论过的。
  Kate: That's stunning. So we were able to do it with all the glass panels in the metal structure?
  凯特:因此,我们能够做到这一点,在金属结构中全部用玻璃面板?
  Henry: Yeah.
  亨利:是的。
  Kate: Can I--?
  凯特:我可以- ?
  Alex: Wanna get a beer after work?
  亚历克斯:下班后喝啤酒吗?
  Henry: I'm sorry, I can't. I'm taking Vanessa out for Valentine's Day.
  亨利:对不起,我不能。情人节我要带凡妮莎出去。
  Alex: Wait.Say that again.
  亚历克斯: 等一下.再说一遍。
  Henry: It's Valentine's Day today. I'mtaking outVanessa, my girlfriend. Cold champagne, some oysters, maybe a little chocolate.
  亨利:今天是情人节。我要带凡妮莎出去,我的女朋友。冷香槟,一些牡蛎,也许有点巧克力。
  Alex: What's the date?
  亚历克斯:今天是几月几号?
  Henry: It's February 1 4th.
  Alex: February 14th, 2006.
  Henry: Yeah.
  亨利:今天是2月14日。
  亚历克斯: 06年2月14日。
  亨利:是的。
  Kate: Stunning. Thank you so much.
  凯特:很惊人。非常感谢你。
  Henry: Our pleasure.
  亨利:我们的荣幸。
  Vanessa: Thank you. Henry will make sure you have everything.
  瓦妮莎:谢谢你。亨利会保证你拥有这一切。
  Kate: Great. They were absolutely beautiful. Thank you.
  凯特:太好了。它们绝对是美丽的。谢谢你。
  Morgan: What? Katie, I gotta get back to work.
  摩根:怎么了?凯蒂,我得回去工作了。
  Kate: Who did this drawing?
  Henry: My brother did, actually.
  Kate: Who's your brother?
  Henry: Alex Wyler. Did you know him?
  Kate: Yeah. Yeah, I know him. Do you know how I can get in touch with him? Is he--? Is he anywhere that I can...?
  Henry: I'm sorry. He died two years ago today, actually. There was an accident.
  Kate: Where?
  凯特:这是谁画的?
  亨利:我的哥哥,实际上。
  凯特:你哥哥是谁?
  亨利:亚历克斯#惠勒。你认识他吗?
  凯特:是的。是的,我认识他。我能跟他联系吗?他是- ?他在哪里,我可以... ?
  亨利:对不起。他死于两年前的今天,实际上。是一个意外。
  凯特:在哪里?
   Henry: Looks smaller. When did he complete it?
  亨利:看起来较小。他什么时候完成的?
  Alex: You weren't born yet and I was 8.
  亚历克斯:你还没有出生,我8岁 。
  Henry: Corbusier meets Frank Lloyd Wright.
  亨利:柯布西耶见到了弗兰克#劳埃德#赖特。
  Alex: You know dad played cards with both of them, sharing ajoint.
  亚历克斯:你知道爸爸与他们两个打牌,分享大麻。
  Henry: Yeah, well...
  亨利:是的...
  Alex: Can't swim. There should be a stairway down to the water, a porch, a deck. Here you're in a... in a box. A glass box with a view to everything that's around you, but you can't touch it. No interconnection between you and what you're looking at.亚历克斯:不能游泳。应当有楼梯到水中,一个门廊,甲板。在这里,你是在一个..在一个盒子里。玻璃箱,可以看到你周围的一切,但你不能触摸它。你和你看到的东西之间没有任何联系。
  Henry: I don't know. You know, he's got this big maple growing right in the middle of the house.
  亨利:我不知道。你知道,他的枫树长得越来越高,在房子的正中。
  Alex: Containment. Containment and control. This house is about ownership, not connection. I mean, it's beautiful.Seductive, even. But it's incomplete. It was all about him. Dad knew how to build a house, not a home. But you know. I think he wants us to do what he couldn't. But admitting that would mean admitting that hecame up shortin some way; that he could do more. And that tortures him.
  亚历克斯:遏制。遏制和控制。这房子关乎所有权,而不是联系。我的意思是说它很美.甚至迷人。但它是不完整的。这是他的所有。爸爸知道如何建造一所房子,而不是一个家庭。但是,你知道。我认为,他希望我们能做到他不能的事情。某种程度上,他可以做更多的事。这折磨着他。
  Henry: You remember being here with mom?
  亨利:你还记得与妈妈在这里吗?
  Alex: I remember she tried to make it work here... with us... with him.
  亚历克斯:我记得她试图在这里成功...和我们...和他。
  Henry: Hey, what about Visionary Vanguard?
  亨利:嘿,梦幻先锋怎么样?
  Alex: What about it?
  亚历克斯:你如何看待它?
  Henry: Come on. You can't convince me you're gonna be happy building saltboxes for tourists. Nobody's gonna admire you for that.
  亨利:来吧。你无法说服我,你会高兴地为旅客建设盐盒。没有人会因此欣赏你。
  Alex: Admire me for that?
  亚历克斯:欣赏我什么?
  Henry: Yeah, Visionary Vanguard. That's your idea.
  亨利:是的,梦幻先锋。这是你的想法。
  Alex: I can't. But you can keep the name.
  亚历克斯:我不能。但是,你可以保留这个名称。
  Henry: No, come on. It's gonna be you and me.
  亨利:不,来吧。这会是你和我的。
  Alex: Henry, I'm sorry I can't. I just...
  亚历克斯:亨利,对不起我不能。我只是...
  Henry: What?
  亨利:什么?
  Alex: I've got other plans.
  亚历克斯:我还有其他计划。
  Henry: You have a girlfriend?
  亨利:你有女朋友?
  Alex: No... no.
  亚历克斯:没有..没有。
  Henry: What's that? You hesitated.
  Alex: No, I didn't hesitate. Come on, man. I don't have any time for that.
  Henry: What does time have to do with it?
  Alex: Oh, you're gonna think I'm crazy.
  亨利:那是什么?你犹豫了一下。
  亚历克斯:没有,我没有犹豫。来吧,伙计。我没有任何时间。
  亨利:时间和这有什么关系呢?
  亚历克斯:哦,你会认为我疯了。
   ..
   Simon Wyler: About the... the other day it was not a good moment. I was in a hell of a hurry.
  西蒙#惠勒:关于...有一天,这不是一个好时机。
  Alex: Of course. You've got some nice pieces here.
  亚历克斯:当然。你有好的音乐。
  Simon: Oh, yeah. Music's fine, music helps. It's like Nietzsche says: "Life would be senseless--"
  西蒙:噢,是啊。音乐很好,音乐有帮助。就像尼采说的: “生活将毫无意义的- ”
  Alex: "Without music."
  亚历克斯:没有音乐
  Simon: I guess I told you that, huh? Pour yourself a drink. Can you appreciate a good wine by now?
  西蒙:我猜想我告诉过你,是不是?你现在能欣赏好的葡萄酒吗?
  Alex:You bet.
  亚历克斯: 肯定的
  Simon: You know, you'll have to forgive your father for being curious but where have you been all these years? I thought your Kerouac days were behind you.
  西蒙:你知道,你得原谅你父亲的好奇,但在这些年来你在干吗?
  Alex: I'm sorry, what?
  亚历克斯:对不起,什么?
  Simon: What? Oh, you can come up, if you like.
  西蒙:什么?哦,你可以上来,如果你愿意的话。
  Alex: What are you working on?
  亚历克斯:你在干什么?
  Simon: Oh, I'm just--I'm just remembering things. It's not such an easy job, let me tell you. Nor is it particularly innocent, in my case. Your father is writing his memoirs.
  西蒙:噢,我只是- 我只是回忆这些东西。这不是一件容易的工作,让我告诉你。也不是特别是无辜的,在我这种情况里。你的父亲在写回忆录。
   Alex: Are we in it?
  亚历克斯:我们在里面吗?
  Simon: What do you think? Do you wanna be?
  西蒙:你怎么想?你想要吗?
  Alex: Do you?
  亚历克斯:你呢?
  Simon: Of course. You were all a part of your father's life.
  西蒙:当然。你们都是你们父亲生活中的一部分。
  Alex: Why are you talking to me in the third person?
  亚历克斯:为什么你用第三人称和我说话?
  Simon: Well, I--I don't--Because I'm writing about myself, I suppose. Why, doesn't it suit you?
  西蒙:嗯,我-我不是-因为我在写我自己。怎么了,不适合你吗?
  Alex: I thought you might like these.
  Simon: What are these? Something you've been working on?
  Alex: No, they're--They're yours. From a house I just bought on the lake.
  Simon: Oh, yes, I heard. They said some sleazy little condo developer hadsnapped it up. Oh, come on, indulge your father. Can't you take a little joke, for God's sake? Come on. Tell me. Where have you been? I really want to know.
  Alex: I was trying to forget you. Or forgive you.
  Simon: Did you succeed?
  Alex: No. Let me know if you need any help remembering.
  亚历克斯:我想您可能也这么想。
  西蒙:这些是什么?你一直在努力的东西?
  亚历克斯:不,它是 - 它是你的。我刚刚买了湖边的房子。
  西蒙:噢,是的,我听说了。他们说,一些低级小公寓开发商。哦,来吧,别放纵你的父亲。你能不能开个小玩笑,看在上帝的份上?来吧。告诉我。你去哪里了?我真的想知道。
  亚历克斯:我正在试图忘记你,或原谅你。
  西蒙:你成功了吗?
  亚历克斯:不。如果你需要任何帮助,请让我知道。
   Kate: May be we should introduce ourselves properly. I'm a doctor,dedicated tocuring the sick. At least, trying to.
   凯特说:也许我们应该介绍自己。我是一个医生,专门治疗病人。至少,试着这么做。
  Alex: I'm an architect. I like to build. And while I wouldn't say my current project is ideal...it allows me to be here, in this place, and that's enough for now. But tell me something. If you're working in a hospital in Chicago now, where were you before, in my time?
  亚历克斯:我是一名建筑师。我喜欢建造。虽然我不能说我目前的项目是理想的...它让我来到这里,在这个地方,足够了。但是,告诉我,如果你现在在芝加哥的医院工作,那你以前在哪里?
  Kate: Two years ago, in your time I was working in internal medicine in Madison.
  凯特说:两年前,在你的时间里,我是在麦迪逊的内科工作。
  Alex: Tell me about the future. What's it like in the year 2006?
  亚历克斯:告诉我未来。2006年是什么样的?
  Kate: I'm afraid the world's pretty much the same. Of course, we all dress in shiny metal jump suits and drive flying cars and no one talks anymore because we can read each other's minds. But the truth is, man from the past not much has really changed in 2006. Speaking of the past, though, I've been thinking about the paw prints. How is that possible?凯特:我恐怕世界几乎是相同的。当然,我们全都穿着闪亮的金属飞行服,开车,没有任何人说话,因为我们都可以看到对方的想法。但事实是,过去的人在2006年没有什么真正的改变。谈到过去,我一直在思考那个爪子印。怎么可能?
  Alex: Well, I think we have the same dog.
  亚历克斯:嗯,我想我们有一模一样的狗。
  Kate: Oh, yeah? What's yours like? According to the vet, mine is eight years old in my time, six in yours. She's skinny, has sad eyes, snores, and sleeps like a person. I don't know why, but I call her Jack.
  凯特说:噢,是吗?你的是什么样的?根据兽医说的,我的狗8岁了(在我的时间里), 你的狗6岁了。她很瘦,眼睛很悲伤,喜欢一个人睡觉。我不知道为什么,但我叫她杰克。
  Alex: Hello, Jack.
  亚历克斯:你好,杰克。
  Kate: Hey. What are you doing?You're supposed tobe asleep.
  凯特:嗨。你在做什么?你应该睡着了。
   Patient girl: Is she gonna marry him?
  患病的女孩:她要嫁给他?
  Kate: What do you think?
  凯特:你觉得呢?
  Patient girl: I don't know. He's kind of old.
  患病的女孩:我不知道。他有点老 。
  Kate: Okay, he's not that old.
  凯特说:好吧,他没有那么老。
  Patient girl: My mom's last boyfriend was bald. He was nice, but my mom didn't marry him.
  患病的女孩:我妈妈最后一个男友是秃头。他人很好,但我妈妈没有嫁给他。
  Kate: No?
  凯特:没有?
  Patient girl: "There's always something better comingaround the corner." That's what she says. May be that's what that lady should do. Wait for something better to come around the corner.
  Kate: Maybe. But if she's not careful, she could spend her whole life waiting.
  患病女孩:总是有些更好的出现在角落里。这是她说的。可能这就是那个女士应该做的。等待来自角落里的更好的东西。
  凯特说:也许吧。但是,如果她不小心,她可能会浪费一生等待。
   Kate Forster: Sixty degrees on Valentine's Day. Can't be Chicago.
  凯特#福斯特: 情人节的气温是60°。不可能是在芝加哥。
  Mrs. Forster: The TV says it's global warming. The icebergs start melting, water covers the Earth. Thank God we won't live to see it.
  福斯特太太:电视说,这是全球变暖。冰山开始融化,水覆盖了地球。感谢上帝,我们不会活到看到的那天。
  Kate: What's this?
  凯特:这是什么?
  Mrs. Forster: Oh. That's nothing. It's one of your father's.
  福斯特太太:哦。没什么。这是你父亲的。
  Kate: Dostoyevsky?
  凯特:陀斯妥耶夫斯基?
  Mrs. Forster: Oh, yeah. It's about a guy who breaks the neck of a poor woman with an axe and, so far, keeps wandering around regretting it. Hmm. This is good.
  福斯特太太:噢,是啊。它是关于一个男人用一把斧头砍断一个可怜的女人的脖子,迄今为止,一直在后悔。
  Kate: Oh, yeah?
  Mrs. Forster: Yeah. Really good. What are you thinking?
  Kate: Nothing.
  凯特:噢,是吗?
  福斯特太太:是的。非常好。你有什么想法?
  凯特说:没有。
  Mrs. Forster: When your father passed away, it was hard. It still is hard. Holding his books, I feel like he's with me somehow, knowing that he was once on the same pages reading the same words.
  福斯特太太:当你的父亲过世时,很艰难。现在仍然是困难的。拿着他的书,我觉得他跟我在一起,知道他曾在同一页阅读同样的话。
  Passenger: Oh, my God! Somebody call an ambulance!
  乘客:哦,天哪!叫救护车!
  Kate: We need an ambulance at Daley Plaza. A man has been struck by a bus. Get an EMT crew here. Sir--
  凯特说:我们需要一辆救护车,在戴利广场。一名男子被一辆公共汽车撞上了。让急救人员到这里来。先生-
  Policeman: Get out the street. Get on the sidewalk. On the sidewalk. Off the street.
  警察:到人行道上去。到人行道上。离开街道。
  Driver: Sir?
  司机:先生?
  Policeman: Get on the sidewalk! Get on the sidewalk!
  警察:到人行道上!到人行道上!
  Mulhern: I know you're kind of new around here, kid.
  马尔赫恩:我知道你是新人,孩子。
  Alex: What?
  亚历克斯:什么?
   love talks
返回列表 回复 发帖